Saturday, May 24, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Daily State Times,Jammu. March 10,2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
1. What does politics mean to you?
2. Corruption is so rampant in the state. Just two years ago, Kashmir acquired the dubious distinction of being the second most corrupt state in the country. What is more, politicians in the state are generally regarded as part of the problem rather than the solution?
It is hundred percent true.The politics of the last six decades has gifted us with a rotten system of governance and all the ruling political parties upto the present arrangement are responsible for this unfortunate situation.Our bureaucracy is also involved in strengthening and instutionalising corruption in the state.I think lack of immorality and dishonesty of our politicians is the main reason for this. We are as a nation witness to the illegal money and assets making of our politicians,both mainstream and separatists. Exibiting their chemeleon-traits,they claim to be representing people in distress while enjoying the luxouries after snatching their morsels.
3. Kashmiri politicians have traditionally displayed a dual personality. They have always tried to straddle the Valley's mainstream-separatist divide to get the support of people. When will Kashmiri politicians show political conviction?
4. Kashmir has no industry worth its name. In fact, the private sector is still to develop in the state. Is there any alternative development model for the state?
That is why I came with the sole motto of "Economic development and Industrial revolution" in the state.All political parties that ruled the state existed on the issueless sloganeering and it was always and is still beyond their perception to think about J&K in terms of industrial and economic development.They never mean the development at the gross root level.But now the young generation is there to pave way for the industrial development.
5. It is election year in Kashmir and the exercise has always been a controversial subject in the valley. Do you view elections as a vote for development or referendum on Kashmir?
For any civilized nation elections are the only means of achieving all. And Alhamullilah the people of the state understand this well and believe in the elections.The virtually supressed people of the state have voted in record numbers in the previous elections despite the efforts of the separatists to stop them from doing so even with the help of guns.The elections in J&K are both for development and also it is a refrundum repeated by them after every six years since the first elections after independence.
6. Kashmir is facing a leadership crisis. Sheikh Abdullah was the last mass leader who enjoyed a cult status. After him no one from the valley could gain acceptance? What factors do you attribute to it?
The ailing polical thoughts,unclear agendas and dishonest politicians can never make a mass leader of a big stature.Having said that I see hope in futue.
7. Lack of leadership has militated against Kashmir and continues to mar the chances of its settlement. Who in your view represents the Kashmiri people?
To stop youth from being killed any more and giving them a creative direction to lead this society so that a sincere leadership is created to address to the problems related to the state.
9. What is your vision about Kashmir?
Friday, May 2, 2008
SDP to contest elections on National Agenda
Pledges to unfurl TRI-COLOUR everywhere
Jammu, Thursday, Feb 21,2008
Socialistic Democratic Party decrying at the mainstream political parties for their blackmailing attitude is jumping into the election fray of the state with the pledge to have a national agenda and unfurl the Tri-colour everywhere in the state.
Overwhelmed by the support enjoyed by the party from every section of the society,Dr. Darakhshan Andrabi,President SDP said at a rally in Jammu that SDP was the lone political group of the state which goes to people with an open agenda of 'India as our nation' . She said that the politicians of the state have not helped in inculcating the spirit of nationalism in the hearts of the people of the state and instead fed them with separatism ,communalism and regionalism.
Pledging to participate in the elections with a secular and nationalistic agenda,the SDP President ridiculed both the mainstream political parties and the separatists for trying to mislead and backmail the people of the stte and the government.She dared both espacially separatists sponsering and managing the killing of the common people for nothing.
She said that all these have to be answerable for the genocide in J&K. She said that the party will contest the state Assembly elections with tricolour throughout the state .